Thursday, October 20, 2011

Intro

I’ve been playing around with the idea of starting a blog for a while. Not so much a personal blog (my personal life is hardly interesting even to me), but rather a science blog. I’ve put off beginning one, as I always wind up asking myself “who are you to write about science? You, Claire Floyd, are no scientist.” But I’ll tell you what I am. I’m a zoology student/graduate with a healthy dose of curiosity. I was lucky enough to learn from some of the most accomplished biologists in the field, and I learned enough interesting things to last a lifetime (or at least until I run out of ideas for blog posts).

During my time in college, I dabbled in the research circuit. And let me tell you folks, there is cool stuff happening there. You would never know it, though. It is clouded with scary statistics, unreadable journals, and words that have way too many syllables. A gap exists between the academics and the normal people. Science is for humanity, not just Joe Smith, Ph D and his dorky cronies. This blog is a small effort to close this gap.

Stay tuned and get ready. Biology comin’ atcha.

2 comments:

  1. Great concept! Look forward to seeing how this progresses! In order to make greater strides, we need people to understand and appreciate the problems and developments in the scientific community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting article about color!

    Awaiting more posts and interesting topics.

    ReplyDelete